Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I post commentary about a private community in the forums?
a) The first step in posting commentary in the forum about your community, or one that you’ve visited, is to register on Across the Fence.com. This simple process is free and only takes a few minutes. Once you’ve registered, search for the name of the community and go to its forum.
2) How do I register on Across the Fence?
a) You can register on Across the Fence by clicking here. Once you have completed the registration, you will have access to all aspects of the website and will be able to post commentary on the Member forums.
3) Once I post commentary, can I change it?
a) Comments posted cannot be edited after posting. Should you wish to remove the comment, email Across the Fence and we will remove it for you.
4) What if I disagree about the commentary someone has written about my community?
a) There are bound to be differing opinions about a community and the more commentary and viewpoints on Across the Fence, the better. If you disagree about what someone has written about your community, simply post your opinion and any accompanying photos or links to videos. Please keep your responses respectful and family friendly.
5) Is there a cost to participate on Across the Fence?
6) Should I use my real name as my screen name?
a) To safeguard your privacy, we recommend using an alias for your screen name.
7) I don’t see the community that I am looking for or want to post commentary about.
a) Please send us the names of any communities that you want to add to Across the Fence. We will let you know once the community has been added. Submit the community name by clicking here.
8) I’m having difficulty signing into Across the Fence. What could be the problem?
a) If you are having trouble signing in, it may be because your web browser isn't set up to accept "cookies" - which keep track of your user name and password. In order to sign in, you must enable cookies. You can do this in your web browser. Each browser has a slightly different way of enabling cookies, and you can usually find instructions by going to your browser's Help section. Once you enable cookies, restart your browser and try signing in again. If you still have problems, you may need to enable third-party cookies for some Google settings to work.
9) How can I change my password?
a) You can change your password by logging into you Member profile and selecting the option to change your password. Click here to access your Member Account.
10) I forgot my password. What do I do?
a) Click here if you forgot you password. We will send you a message to the email address on file with a link prompting you to re-set your password.
11) How can I unsubscribe from emails from Across the Fence?
a) Unsubscribe from emails from Across the Fence? by changing your notification preferences in your Member profile. You must be logged in to change the settings in your Member profile.
12) How do I close my account?
a) If you wish to close your account, please log into your Member Account and select the option to Close Your Account. Please note that once an account has been closed, we cannot re-activate it. Postings associated with your account are not removed because they may disrupt the flow of discussion on the forums, but there will be a note next to your Member name indicating that your account has been de-activated. If there is a specific post that you wish to have removed, please contact Across the Fence and we will address the issue for you.
13) How do I change the email address associated with my account?
a) Login into your Member Account and select the option to Change Email Address.
14) I’d like to write commentary on a community that is not mentioned on Across the Fence. How do I request that the community be added?
a) Send an email to Across the Fence and we will add the community. Once the community has been added, we will notify you so you can post your commentary.
15) How can I send private messages to someone?
a) This feature is not available yet. If you have a question, please direct it to the forums so everyone may benefit.